Leasehold Forum Meetings and Minutes - How to have your say
We believe you have the right to be involved in decisions about the services you receive. We want you to have a say in how your services are provided.
One way to get involved is through regular meetings which we host for leaseholders. Leaseholder meetings are a great way to get involved and anyone can attend.
Please note the Focus Group is by invitation and acts as a precursor to the Forum which any leaseholder of Stevenage Homes may attend. Should you have any queries please contact us – we’d like you to join in!
You can also download the terms of reference and code of conduct for the leaseholder forum by clicking below:
Schedule of meetings for 2013/14
|6 November 2013||6.30 to 7.30pm||Autun Room, Daneshill House|
|5 February 2014||6.30 to 7.30pm||Autun Room, Daneshill House|
Agenda for 6 November 2013
- Welcome & Apologies
- Minutes of last meeting held on 10 July 2013 & matters arising
- Communal Repairs & Caretaking issues - by Kevin Turner
- Review of rolling questions sheet
- Other items of interest
- Date of next meeting - Wednesday, 5 February 2014.
Leaseholder Forum - How meetings are run
- Meetings will be for a maximum of one hour duration.
- Agendas will be agreed with the Chair and advertised in this section, a week in advance of meetings which is set aside for this purpose.
- Where possible items on the agenda will be timed.
- An appointment must be booked to ensure adequate staff is available to discuss individual issues during the half-hour before the meeting.
- If you have an issue, fill out an issue form before or during the meeting so that HOST can formally record the issue. You can download the Issue form by clicking on the link: Issue form
- The issue form will be dated and signed by the leaseholder and staff member.
- The leaseholder will have a copy of the issue form - which states when and how the leaseholder will be contacted with a response to their enquiry.
- A list of individual issues raised (minus the full address) and the outcome/progress will be published with each set of leaseholder forum minutes.
- Please contact the Home Ownership Services Team, within reasonable time before the meeting, if you require information that needs to be prepared in advance.
Issue forms have been implemented for the following reasons:
- To deal with individually raised issues, this will provide the Leasehold Service with adequate time to respond to the issues.
- Other attendees have informed SBC that they are not interested in individual issues, which take over the meetings.
- There is not enough time to listen to individual issues.
- Issues raised will also enable us to set future agendas.
- Because your views are important to us
We invite you to contact us by email, telephone or letter with suggested topics for discussion. Some of the topics discussed in the recent past with leaseholders have included refuse and recycling, the landscape gardening service, the caretaking service, and fire safety in flat blocks.
We aim to ensure that future meetings focus on issues that will encourage and enable leaseholders to play a more effective role in the management of leasehold services. Please let us know what interests and concerns you.
Leasehold Services can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01438 242236 or write to Home Ownership Services Team, Stevenage Borough Council, Daneshill House, Danestrete, Stevenage SG1 1HN
Minutes of previous meetings
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 10 July 2013
- Rolling list of Questions 10 July 2013
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 10 April 2013
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 6 February 2013
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 7 November 2012
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 11 July 2012
- Minutes of Leaseholder meeting 8 February 2012